He counted me faithful,
putting me into the ministry.
(29) But I say unto you, I will not drink henceforth of this fruit of the vine, until that day when I drink it new with you in my Father's kingdom.
(30) And when they had sung a hymn, they went out into the mount of Olives.
(31) Then saith Jesus unto them, All ye shall be offended because of me this night: for it is written, I will smite the shepherd, and the sheep of the flock shall be scattered abroad.
(32) But after I am risen again, I will go before you into Galilee.
(33) Peter answered and said unto him, Though all men shall be offended because of thee, yet will I never be offended.
(34) Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, That this night, before the rooster* crow, thou shalt deny me thrice.
(35) Peter said unto him, Though I should die with thee, yet will I not deny thee. Likewise also said all the disciples.
(36) Then cometh Jesus with them unto a place called Gethsemane, and saith unto the disciples, Sit ye here, while I go and pray yonder.
(37) And he took with him Peter and the two sons of Zebedee, and began to be sorrowful and very heavy.
(38) Then saith he unto them, My soul is exceeding sorrowful, even unto death: tarry ye here, and watch with me.
(39) And he went a little farther, and fell on his face, and prayed, saying, O my Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me: nevertheless not as I will, but as thou wilt.
(40) And he cometh unto the disciples, and findeth them asleep, and saith unto Peter, What, could ye not watch with me one hour?
(41) Watch and pray, that ye enter not into temptation: the spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak.
(42) He went away again the second time, and prayed, saying, O my Father, if this cup may not pass away from me, except I drink it, thy will be done.
(43) And he came and found them asleep again: for their eyes were heavy.
(44) And he left them, and went away again, and prayed the third time, saying the same words.
(45) Then cometh he to his disciples, and saith unto them, Sleep on now, and take your rest: behold, the hour is at hand, and the Son of man is betrayed into the hands of sinners.
* Note: I substituted the word rooster, because the profanity filter doesn't allow the KJV word for it. It is a shame that some perfectly good words have been used in a such a corrupt manner that they are now considered to be profanity.
Sincerely Yours in Christ,
The Bible Note Writer
written to glorify God
and to help souls
on the way to Heaven.
25/Jan/2008, 11:34 am
Link to this post
Send Email to BibleNote Writer
Send PM to BibleNote Writer